Stuffed Mushrooms by Doreen Holton
- Longhini Sausage
- Olive Oil
- Large Cap Mushooms
- In a frying pan, start the olive oil, garlic, and Longhini sausage until fully cooked. Add the spinach and bread crumbs and reduce the mixture. Stuff the mushroom caps and bake until done.
Italian Sausages & Zucchini
- 1 pkg Italian sausage (about 6 links)
- 1 large or 2 medium onions
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 2-3 small or 1-2 medium zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 fresh oregano leaves
- salt pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, slice sausages into halves lengthwise; slice again into quarters. Next, slice across the quarters until you have 3/4 inch chunks. Peel and chop onion coarsely. Wash, core, and chop pepper. Peel and mince garlic. Wash and chop basil and oregano. Wash and slice unpeeled zucchini into 1/4 inch thick coins or circles.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute sausage over high heat for 10 minutes or so; when they begin to take on color, add onion and pepper, continuing to cook until the vegetables brown slightly. Add garlic and chopped basil and oregano; reduce heat and cook until sausage is done (no longer pink inside). Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked sausage and vegetables to a serving plate; keep warm. (No need to drain or wash skillet).
- Melt butter in remaining olive oil in skillet. Saute zucchini coins over high heat until the edges and a little of the center portion browns; flip each coin and saute the other side. Sprinkle zucchini with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder (very lightly) and a pinch of hot pepper. Return sausage mixture to skillet with cooked zucchini and mix, cooking until evenly heated (1-2 minutes). Be careful not to overcook zucchini (should be browned but still slightly firm and not mushy).
- Serve as is or with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Note: If no fresh herbs are available, substitute 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried.
- Variation: Serve over wide noodles, spaghetti or with Ziti. Dress with a little olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese and run under the broiler just until cheese melts.
Longhini Sausage And Cherry Tomatoes Over Pasta by Lauren D'Amico
- 1.5 Bulk Longhini sausage
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 Banana peppers chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 packages of cherry tomatoes
- 1 teas. pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- handful chopped Basil
- 1 Lb favorite Pasta
- Coat pan with olive oil. Saute garlic, peppers, onions and add salt and pepper to taste. Saute until tender and remove, do not clean pan.
- Add more olive oil to pan to coat about 3 tbs. Saute bulk sausage until done. Add vegetables back to pan then add cherry tomatoes, 1 teas. of red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until tomatoes burst (add more olive oil if you want, or if it seems dry)
- Serve over favorite pasta of your choice. Mix in fresh basil. Note: before serving, sprinkle with freshly grated cheese of your choice (sharper the better)
Broccoli Rabe With Sausage And Beans Over Pasta by Cathy
- 1 lb Longhini Sausage (loose)
- 1 lb Rabe
- 1 lb Whole Wheat Penne or Ziti
- 1 or 2 cans Cannelini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup of EVOO plus a couple of tablespoons
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
- Cook the sausage into small chunks and set aside.
- Blanch the trimmed and cleaned Rabe in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and remove excess water from the rabe.
- Heat 2-3 T oil and add the garlic just until it becomes fragrant. Add the Rabe and beans and heat.
- Toss over the cooked pasta with 1/4 cup of EVOO and mix. Salt and Pepper to taste. Put romano cheese and red pepper flakes on the table.
Grilled Longhini Sausage, Peppers And Onions With Roasted Garlic Aioli by Jim Falco
- The cool thing about this dish is that you cook everything right on the grill!
- 2 red peppers
- 2 brown sandwich bags
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 package (6 links) Longhini Hot Sausage
- Salt & pepper
- Crusty Italian bread
- Heat your grill to high, wash the peppers and put them on the grill. Leave the garlic in the paper and put them on the grill.
- Cut two 3/4 inch slices from the middle of the onion, brush with olive oil add salt and pepper and keep the onion slice in tact and put them on the grill.
- Add Longhini sausage on the grill.
- Once the garlic is soft take it off the grill, remove the paper and mash it in a small bowl with olive oil and set aside.Turn the peppers until they are charred on all sides, (top and bottom) remove from the grill (lower the grill to medium) and place each one in one of the sandwich bags and fold tight, let sit for about 10 minutes. The heat and steam will help the skin come off. Be sure to periodically turn the onion and sausage, don't burn them!
- Take the peppers out of the bags and remove the skin, clean off the seeds, cut into strips and arrange on a platter. Cover the peppers with the roasted garlic and olive oil. Remove the onions when they are soft, and the sausage when cooked from the grill, separate the rings and arrange them and the sausage on the platter. Serve with the crusty bread. You can also put the bread on the grill for an added crunch, and of course this goes well with a nice glass of Vino Della Bonda!!!! Buon Appetito
SEND US YOUR RECIPES!