Focaccia with Sausage, Potatoes & Rosemary
For the dough:
- 2 cups self rising flour OR 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
For the Toppings:
- 1 pound hot Italian Sausage
- 1 cup small potatoes
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Prepare the Sausage and Potatoes:
- Cook the sausage in a pan on medium heat, crumbling as it cooks. When fully cooked, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Slice the small potatoes very thin and cook until tender in a pan stove top with a little olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper and watch closely. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel.
- Combine the flour and yogurt and stir to combine
- Form the dough into a ball
- Place the dough into an oiled pan with sides
- Press out evenly and make indentations all over the dough making sure not to press too hard. You want to avoid going all the way through to the bottom.
- Arrange the toppings on the dough and drizzle generously with olive oil filling in the little indentations.
- Bake in a 450º oven for about 20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the pan onto a cutting board and cut into pieces. Add a little freshly grated parmesan and serve warm or at room temperature.