Pepper, Scallion & Sausage Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (half of a box)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted peppers (use a combination of red and yellow sweet drops from jars)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/ 1/4 cups half and half
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a 9” pie pan with the store bought pie dough and crimp the edges. Chill for 15 minutes, line with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and pie weights and allow the crust to cool.
- Make the filling by combining the peppers, scallions, cheese and cooked sausage in a bowl and toss to combine and spread evenly in the crust.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and half and half. Add the salt, pepper and fresh parsley and stir. Pour over the cheese and sausage mixture. Reduce the oven to 350º and bake until the filling is set, about 45 minutes. Let cool before slicing.