Broccoli Rabe With Sausage And Beans Over Pasta
- 1 lb Longhini Sausage (loose)
- 1 lb Rabe
- 1 lb Whole Wheat Penne or Ziti
- 1 or 2 cans Cannelini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup of EVOO plus a couple of tablespoons
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
- Cook the sausage into small chunks and set aside.
- Blanch the trimmed and cleaned Rabe in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and remove excess water from the rabe.
- Heat 2-3 T oil and add the garlic just until it becomes fragrant. Add the Rabe and beans and heat.
- Toss over the cooked pasta with 1/4 cup of EVOO and mix. Salt and Pepper to taste. Put romano cheese and red pepper flakes on the table.