Grilled Sausage, Peppers And Onions With Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 2 red peppers
- 2 brown sandwich bags
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 package (6 links) Longhini Hot Sausage
- Salt & pepper
- Crusty Italian bread
- Heat your grill to high, wash the peppers and put them on the grill. Leave the garlic in the paper and put them on the grill.
- Cut two 3/4 inch slices from the middle of the onion, brush with olive oil add salt and pepper and keep the onion slice in tact and put them on the grill.
- Add Longhini sausage on the grill.
- Once the garlic is soft take it off the grill, remove the paper and mash it in a small bowl with olive oil and set aside.Turn the peppers until they are charred on all sides, (top and bottom) remove from the grill (lower the grill to medium) and place each one in one of the sandwich bags and fold tight, let sit for about 10 minutes. The heat and steam will help the skin come off. Be sure to periodically turn the onion and sausage, don't burn them!
- Take the peppers out of the bags and remove the skin, clean off the seeds, cut into strips and arrange on a platter. Cover the peppers with the roasted garlic and olive oil. Remove the onions when they are soft, and the sausage when cooked from the grill, separate the rings and arrange them and the sausage on the platter. Serve with the crusty bread. You can also put the bread on the grill for an added crunch, and of course this goes well with a nice glass of Vino Della Bonda!!!! Buon Appetito