Sausage and Peppers Stromboli
- Parchment paper
- ½ lb Longhini Hot or Sweet Sausage Links
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 package of premade pizza dough
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into 2-3 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with flour; set aside
- Remove sausage from casing and sprinkle into skillet pan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain and return to skillet. Add in peppers and garlic and cook until peppers are softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning until well blended; set aside
- Place pizza dough onto parchment paper and pull it gently, patting it out with your hands until a 12x8 rectangle is formed.
- Spread sausage and pepper mixture lengthwise down the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border uncovered on the long sides and a ½ inch on the short sides. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fold long sides over the filling. Press down all edges to seal, brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with extra tomato sauce for dipping.