Sausage Panzanella Salad
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Package Longhini sweet Italian sausage
- 4 Slices crusty bread, like French or Italian
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ English seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube the bread and brush with the olive oil. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes or until the bread is a light golden brown.
- While the bread is toasting, heat a large skillet or cast iron pan and add the sausages. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium high heat, turn and continue cooking for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the links are nicely browned. Remove from the pan and slice diagonally.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the minced garlic clove, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss the toasted bread in the dressing.
- Assemble the salad by plating the combination of sliced and halved tomatoes, add the cucumber slices and red onion. Top with the toasted bread and drizzle on the dressing.